Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa - Beach Location
3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL
This symposium is designed for physicians who are involved in multidisciplinary cancer care, including but not limited to, medical, surgical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, internal medicine physicians, oncology nurses, physician assistants, and other healthcare professionals. Professionals in training of all of these specialists are encouraged to attend.
Educational sessions and the best abstracts and oral presentations from ASCO 2014, including:
- Gastrointestinal Tumors
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Hematology Malignancies
- Brain Tumors
- Genito-Urinary Tumors
- New Developments in Radiation Oncology
- State-of-the-Art Molecular Diagnosis & Targeted Therapy for Solid Tumors
- Developmental Therapeutics
- Healthcare Services & Survivorship
At the completion of this symposium the participants should be able to:
- Examine advances in clinical and translational cancer research with the most up to date information presented during the 2014 ASCO meeting
- Evaluate the role of new diagnostic techniques and therapeutic approaches as applied to the care and management of people with cancer
- Discuss the latest clinical trials that have influenced the changes of standards of oncology care
- Obtain a comprehensive and state of the art review of hematology, oncology, surgical oncology and radiation oncology developments and presentations in several national and international meetings
- Implement new patient management and care strategies or revise existing ones
Memorial Healthcare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Memorial has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Memorial Healthcare System designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants claiming CME credit for this activity may submit the credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association for Category 2 credit.
The Best of ASCO program has been approved for 16 Pharmacist CEU hours through the Florida Board of Pharmacy coordinated through the Memorial Regional Hospital Pharmacy Department.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts AMA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME
Nurse Practitioners: AANP accepts AMA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Florida Society of Clinical Oncology (FLASCO)
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine/Florida International University (FIU)