Types of Cancer
Breast Cancer Treatments
Breast Cancer Treatment at Memorial Cancer Institute
When you undergo breast cancer treatment at Memorial Cancer Institute, your multidisciplinary treatment team conducts breast conferences and weekly tumor boards to collaborate on your treatment plan. These experts base their recommendations on the latest research and clinical trials from around the world. Your multidisciplinary treatment team may include:
- Medical oncologists
- Plastic/reconstructive surgeons
- Radiation oncologists
- Chinese medicine/acupuncturists
- Lymphedema therapists
Advanced Breast Cancer Care
At Memorial’s Breast Cancer Center, you also benefit from the latest technological and medical advances in cancer care.
Breast cancer treatment has advanced rapidly in the past 10 years. Today’s breast cancer treatments let you continue your normal daily activities with less interruption for treatments and less discomfort from side effects. Your breast cancer treatment at Memorial’s Breast Cancer Center may include:
- Chemotherapy – More manageable today, with less nausea, vomiting and hair loss
- Biologicals – Newer medications, often combined with chemotherapy, that can sometimes be taken orally and have few side effects
- Surgery – By an expert breast surgical management team, working with plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Radiation – Several effective types, including breast brachytherapy, or accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI), a one-week treatment for early-stage breast cancer.
Please call Memorial Cancer Institute to schedule an appointment: 954-265-4325, or email us.